I have to give credit to my brother, who introduced me to this sweet and salty combination. IT’S SO GOOD! And so easy to make when you are rushing around in the morning. It’s the perfect breakfast to start your day off right.
- Cinnamon Raisin bread (I used Rudi’s)
- 1 egg
- Olive oil or butter
- Any deli meat (I used Boar’s Head Ovengold turkey)
- Extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Pop the bread in the toaster to the darkness of your liking.
- In frying pan, heat olive oil on medium high. Crack egg over pan (I like to keep the yoke intact).
- Add deli meat to the same pan to brown. Turn over once while cooking.
- Flip egg and add cheese. Cook egg for ~1 minute. Then flip again so cheese begins to melt (I like the melt the cheese until the fat separates so it’s stringy).
- Place toast on plate with deli meat and egg on top.