This recipe is featured in the previous post Is it possible to boost your metabolism?
I got a little GIF-happy yesterday so I ran out of room to share pictures of the cooking process! Seriously though, this recipe took no more than 10 minutes to whip together (literally) and 18 minutes to bake since the muffin cups were a little full.
- 12 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/3 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- ½ cup red or green pepper, diced
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Coat muffin tin with butter or line with paper liners.
- Crack 6 eggs each into two separate medium-sized bowls. Whisk eggs until smooth.
- Add bacon, half of cheddar cheese, and kale to first bowl and stir to combine.
- Add tomatoes, pepper, other half of cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, kale, and basil to the second bowl and stir to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to both bowls to taste.
- Pour egg mixtures into 12 muffin cups or bake separately if only one pan is available.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator until ready to eat.