I had to share this recipe because I came home after class one night to the most amazing smell from the oven. My roommate whipped up this recipe out of nowhere. It is of course so simple (otherwise I wouldn’t bother to try to make it let alone write it down), extremely flavorful, and so good for you!
- 1 egg
- 2 TBSP freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 TBSP parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pack of boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins or breasts (cut breasts in sections)
- 1 broccoli crown
- 2 sweet potatoes, skin on, cubed
- 2 zucchinis, cubed
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Whisk egg, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and 2 of the garlic cloves into a marinade.
- Combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture then dredge both sides with bread crumb mixture. Place on baking pan.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil, the third clove of garlic, salt, and pepper. Place on baking pan.
- Put pan in oven and bake for 15 minutes. Then take pan out to flip the chicken.
- Broil at 500 F for 8-10 minutes or until tops of chicken are browned.